Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Selling on ebay

If you are not making your livelihood by selling on ebay, and if what you are selling would be lying around the house or in the trash if you didn't sell it, does it matter whether you get $2 or $5 for the item?

Sure it's nice to have the other $3, but you don't know that someone would pay that, and getting $2 seems better than getting nothing, especially if the alternative is paralysis -- should I or shouldn't I sell.

So I sold seven more sheets of sports illustrated cards for $2 each. Maybe that guy will turn around and make a profit, maybe he won't. Either way, I didn't put them in recycling, and I did put $14 less fees in my pocket. I think it's a fair trade all around. Am I wrong?

2 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how much profit do you make on a $2 ebay sale? What are the costs for shipping?

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Ahhh the buyer pays shipping -- each listing cost me $0.17 so my profit is $1.83.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home