Friday, September 03, 2004

Money well spent

I took the day off to be home while a handyman did some repairs around the house. The big one was the shower. I had a tile loose, wall board behind the tiles needed replacing, and the whole thing needed resealing and regrouting. Then there was a wall my teenage son kicked out in one of his rages (he has paid us back for that one), some holes punched in doors and hockey stick dents in walls (he has paid for those too), a couple of screens that were slashed, and some closed doors that no longer rolled.
There is still more work to do -- we need more sanding and plastering on the larger holes, but the layers need to dry in between so they will have to wait for another day. Still, at least there are no longer big gouges everywhere.
Of course I didn't factor a day off from work into my son's costs for the repairs, but it was well worth the vacation time to get the work done. Oh and I am looking forward to the long weekend ahead, as well....

-- Final cost after 5 hours of work, including parts, not including vacation time, $237.54 -- this guy is a steal!

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a soft-ball.....so much that I can't even touch it. Ha ha. So $237.54 for a guy, eh?

 
At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home