Monday, February 07, 2005

Therapy: the Useful, the Difficult, and the Painful

Depression, even situational depression, can be overwhelming. Chemicals work, but they aren't the complete solution, and I believe you need to try your hardest not to make them a permanent solution. For that reason I have been working with a therapist for a while now. I think it has helped, to a point. I came in with a number of issues, and I've chipped away at them one at a time until only one is left. But that one seems to be made of stone, or a giant ball of yarn.

Imagine a huge ball of yarn. Now imagine unwinding the whole ball, and leaving it with a room full of kittens for several days. Now, imagine trying to untangle the mess, one string at a time. The frustration level is high. You keep looking for a starting place, but all you get are more loose loops. If you could find a real start, then you could start making a difference, but all you can do in the meantime, is try to loosen all the knots you find, and not let any new ones form.

Think of me, loosening knots....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home