Friday, February 25, 2005

The Great Snow of 2005? NOT!!!

Once again the weathermen in the Washington, DC area worked the community into a frenzied activity, causing people to empty store shelves, cancel school (for two days) and leave work early or not come in at all, for a snow that was almost a non-event.

It has been warm in the area lately, above 40 and often above 50, so when the predicted snow arrived even the places that got 6-8 inches on the ground got at most 2 inches on the roads. I will admit that after 5pm yesterday, things got slippery, and this morning before the sun came up the roads were a little slick, but by 10am, everything was clear, and most roads were dry. When I go home tonight my sunny grass will be completely bare of snow.

In early February my company put a survey on the internal community web page asking how many people thought there would be one more "blizzard" this winter. Since I don't believe we have had one, I thought the question was silly, but I also thought that it was unlikely. Today on the page I noticed a congratulations to the people who answered YES. Sorry, but if this is the big snow of 2005, some people need to go and live in New England or the Midwest for a few months. Get a grip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home