Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Blog complaints -- or too much Judaism

My daughter says my blog posts are getting too religious, or too spiritual, or too Jewish. So I figured my next one would be cute and funny. What do you do when cute, or funny, or "oh get a life" also turns out to have a Jewish bent. You post it anyway!

The Washington Post publishes an Express version, given away free at Metro stations. On the front page of today's Express was the following item.

Gum Sin-A-Burst "Your gum has lost its flavor but there's no trash can in sight. What do you do? According to a prominent Israeli rabbi's interpretation of Jewish law, swallow it. Shmuel Eliyahu ruled spitting gum on a sidewalk or hiding it under a desk is wrong. 'Gum cannot be thrown where others are liable to be disgusted by it,' he said -- and though gum may appear hidden, 'G-d knows' where it is. Better yet, eschew gum altogether. 'Chewing gum is the practice of lower forms of life,' added Eliyahu." (AP)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/express/pdfs/EXPRESS_02222005.pdf

2 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Chaim said...

I just started bloging, one of the reasons i decided to blog was me and my wife are a real life - To the T - "Opposites Attract" story (im the ugly one btw lol) we disagree on practically everything, she likes to watch Oprah, i watch every sporting event on (including ESPN classic) So a lot of times we bump heads on topics, by blogging i can get unbiased (to my own situation) but unbiased opinions on my views, thoughts, and topics I write about. and she gets to watch Oprah ;-D

but that's not the only reason, if it was i should go to a counselor, i love to ramble and think about abstract things, and by bloging i can do that much more often than at home, and get more than just one view. Of course when i come home at night, me and my wife still talk about everything under the sun. and we still have different opinions :-)

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Chaim said...

somehow i commented on the wrong post .. silly me, this is where i responded

http://ericasthoughts.blogspot.com/2005/01/why-do-we-blog-or-better-for-whom.html#comments

 

Post a Comment

<< Home