Tuesday, October 26, 2004

What makes a bad day

I don't usually wake up in a bad mood. Oh sometimes I do -- when I went to bed frustrated or mad -- when I didn't sleep well or I'm under a lot of stress -- when something hurts, my back or my head -- but usually I wake up in a neutral mood or a good mood. It's what happens in the next half hour or the next couple of hours that can make a bad day.

Did the coffee maker not start when it was programmed too? Did you have to buy gas when you are already late? Did you get behind an idiot going 55 in the left lane of the beltway? If you let them get to you, then can put you in a bad mood, and it can stay with you all day, coloring everything else that happens.

All those things are unimportant. Don't take them to work with you, and don't bring them home later. Let them go. They are 2s and you only need to worry about the 10s in your life.

Other things can make a bad day. Running out of money, or wasting it. Getting lost. Running out of time. All three can drive a person to total frustration. Breath deeply. Remember that there are people who love you. Turn it into a funny story to tell your co-workers. Laugh at yourself later. But don't forget, you get better service and kinder responses with honey rather than vinegar,and of course if you have to swear at someone, curse Pierre Charles L'Enfant.

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you mommy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home