Monday, September 27, 2004

Things of beauty (or at least I think they are)

Soon after I moved offices at PPC I realized that I had a large blank wall to play with. Well I would have a large blank wall once I took the book shelves apart. With Carrie's help, and her tools, that was quickly accomplished. It took me a little longer to figure out how to get what I wanted onto the wall.

In 1998 I made a quilt for my husband's office. When he changed jobs it didn't fit into his new office, and it sat in the closet, folded and unseen for several years. It is now hanging in my office -- temporarily -- until he gets one big enough again.

I love quilting. I find it relaxing and challenging at the same time. It brings out the small creative streak that I have, and yet requires precision and attention to detail thus feeding my messy side and my anal retentive side at the same time. I have been working on a quilt for a friend's daughter for some time now, and it is getting close to finished. I wanted to post a picture here to share it with the world. This is not nearly as pretty on the web as the pic on my computer, but......
Posted by Hello



3 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the quilt!

JCA

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. That's a very lovely quilt.

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice rug.

Oops! Sorry, I'm 2 blog-posts behind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home