Friday, May 13, 2005

Passover WAS very nice

It was actually fairly pleasant, as I knew it would be. Cooking is slightly more difficult, but with planning, everything is possible. Everyone was home for the first two days, but my oldest son stayed at school for the last two. We had one seder with my son's future family, the other was by ourselves.

Interesting, though. We all must be maturing. In the past, we have had seder's at others homes, but when we were on our own, things reverted to normal. This time, we all enjoyed our seder at Shosh's so much, that we incorporated parts of it that we liked. For the first time, we didn't chant everything in Hebrew together, we actually read parts in English. Actually, everyone picked the language of their choice. That's why one paragraph was actually read in pig latin! Guess which of my wonderful children chose to do that! Truthfully, I felt more involved. I didn't find my mind wandering, or find myself counting pages, and that is a very good thing.

Passover has been over for a couple of weeks, and my house is back to normal -- mostly. It is probably the fastest that has happened in years too. All in all, a very nice holiday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home