Monday, September 20, 2004

Still not ready to write about the Jewish Holiday

The events were incredibly upsetting. So instead, I am going to do something every self-respecting Washingtonian should swear to never do, bitch about the Redskins. I watched the game yesterday with good friends from work. That part was wonderful. Whether they were being nice to let me intrude, or really wanted me there, doesn't matter, it was exactly what the doctor ordered. After a holiday of tension, stress, cooking, washing dishes, eating, praying, sleeping, and yelling (not necessarily in that order) I needed to escape.

Unfortunately, the Skins didn't exactly come through with the cap to the afternoon. Even playing a lousy team like the Giants (sorry all you Giants fans out there), the Skins, and particularly the quarterbacks, handed the win to the Giants on a silver platter.

I watched the opening game live. The offensive front line looked solid. What is it about Ramsey that seems to turn them into a sieve. And was he pushing to hard? I mean 3 interceptions. Special teams still seems to have some holes too. All in all, not a stellar performance. Better next time is good, but next time is Dallas on Monday night. They need to get A LOT better.

Any way, next week I will be watching from the cosy comfort of my kitchen on the small TV my daughter is going to return this week (hint, hint, hint.) I am already starting to think about preparing for the next holiday. Does this ever stop? Not in the fall....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home