Thursday, August 19, 2004

More kitty troubles -- or how to prep a cat for a urine test

The vet's office called the house yesterday when I was out, but my husband was home. They wanted me to bring Caroline in for a urine test. My husband let me know that he had made an appointment for 7:30 Monday evening. That's fine, I'm thinking, except now I am going to terrify the cat again. She hated the first visit, and now I have to take her back.

Then he tells me the kicker. I have to keep her from urinating for 2 hours before the appointment! How the hell do you keep a cat from urinating? "By the way, Caroline, you have to go to the Vet, so please don't pee for two hours." ?? That's going to go over big. That is also the reaction of everyone to whom I have told this story. There is a solution, or so the vet's office says, close the door to the room containing the litter box.

So that's what I am going to do on Monday afternoon -- close the door to the litterbox. But I can just see all the possible drawbacks. The cat will pee on the carpet in the house. The cat will pee in the car -- even worse! The cat will pee on the bench waiting in the vet's office, or the cat won't pee once the technician gets his hands on her. Finally, the cat will be scared sh*tless, literally and figuratively!!

Oh, and the poor kitty still doesn't like Atkins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home