Monday, August 16, 2004

Mindset transitions?

My daughter started her first full-time job today. She graduated from college in May. She was very excited. Of course she is, the real world is new and exciting. She also heard that she got the apartment she wanted in DC, so that is also good.

I had a question though. How long before she realizes that this isn't one more summer job, that there are no more 30 day winter vacations and 2-3 month summer vacations. How long does it take before reality sets in, and does it depend on whether she loves what she is doing?

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger B4 said...

I agree with Brandon (ok that is just wierd, and another reason i cannot come back to PPC). When i started at PPC it was a fun place to be. I enjoyed going to work. That lasted up until the time frame that i left the company. I hate coming to work now. It is a combination of your coworkers, boss, type of work, etc. that keeps you engaged and happy.

I hope she does like it, it makes the transition a lot easier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home