Monday, August 09, 2004

More thoughts on blogging

Jessi welcomed me to the blogging world, and hoped I would be more faithful to the activity than another friend.

Question, is blogging like exercise? You start out all excited and committed, and then first one thing, and then another gets in the way, and then you feel guilty about how long it's been since you last blogged, so you don't want that giant gap, and maybe you go back once, and struggle, and then you just stop. Every once in a while you say I'll start again soon, but....

I have recently changed the way I eat. Really, it's a diet, but lot's of people laugh at me when I tell them I'm on a diet, so lately I have started to call it healthy eating. But I have also noticed that I have started "cheating" a little. If this is a diet, then that is the beginning of the end. If it's healthy eating, and a life style change, then I should be able to break the rules occasionally and still get back on track. For all those who insist I don't need to change anything, when your clothes don't fit, and you don't have money to replace them, you had better do something fast. Going to work in your bathrobe is not a good idea.

If you are wondering how I got to diet from blogging, it's the same thing. If a new exercise program is like a new diet, is like a new blog, then I hope this blog is more like my healthy eating plan than my completely dead exercise regime. Exercise is walking up to the third floor in the parking garage, the fourth floor is too high to walk. :-D

1 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home