Monday, August 09, 2004

Everyone has to have a first post

So everyone has to have a first post. It seems fairly obligatory from all the blogs I've looked at. I have started this blog at Jessi's urging. I can't decide whether that's because she thinks I should do it since lots of people at PPC (where I work) have blogs, or because she is interested in what I might write, or because she thinks it's cool that a woman "my age" (more about that later) can, and does behave like someone half my age, at least some of the time.
Some examples of behavior that seems a little less than age appropriate:

  • I don't dress like a baby boomer.
  • I would rather party with my co-workers on my birthday (and oh did we party) than take my husband to the airport.
  • I changed careers recently, including going back to school and getting a degree in Comp Sci -- and then getting work in the industry despite the slowdown. Well maybe this one just shows intelligence rather than inappropriate for age.
  • I like most of the same kinds of movies.
  • My daughter doesn't mind being seen with me. (She's the same age as some of my coworkers)

Question? Is it a bad thing when someone my age acts years younger. Does it cause friction with people the same age? Does it cause friction with the younger people at work?

1 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Howard said...

People have always told me I act/seem older than my age. Is that a bad thing? Does my 'olderness' cause friction with people the same age? Probably. Does it cause friction with older people? The opposite, if it makes any difference at all.

I think it all depends on the person. Some people I know wear their un-stereotypical behavior better than others.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home