Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Kitty Urine Tests -- Success

I guess I worried needlessly last night about depriving Caroline of her litter box. It seems she has more control than I thought. That, or she hadn't had much to drink. My son managed to get the door to the room where the litter box is closed about 6pm, 1/2 hour late. That may have helped too.

I lined a cardboard box with towels, wrapped her in a towel, and got the leash on her before she realized what was happening. In fact, I didn't let her see the leash first, and that also may have helped.

The whole trip to the vet took less than 45 minutes. Turns out they actually use a catheter to get a urine sample. I had visions about plastic bags taped to fur! Ever wonder how they get a urine sample from a baby without a catheter?

We'll find out in a few days if everything is ok. Hopefully no new medical problems will show up -- and she is eating, just less. Maybe not liking your food is good for dieting.

2 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home