Friday, August 27, 2004

Hero -- a new Jet Li movie

My friend Amy, who is an American citizen of Chinese decent (is Chinese American a perjorative?) Has been telling me about a movie called Hero for several years now. The movie was released in China a while ago, but has just been released in the States. She says I definitely need to go and see it, that it is better than Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I will have to judge for myself. Take a look at the two trailers. The first is in English, the second is sub-titled.

Desson Thomson in the Washington Post says "IF YOU THOUGHT "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and the "Kill Bill" films were balletic spectacles, you are so ready for Zhang Yimou's "Hero."

Guess I will go find out for myself.... Sunday night August 29 at the 7pm show at the Uptown Theater -- join me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home